Standard Terms and Conditions of Rental
Millennium Chauffeuring W.L.L (Millennium Chauffeuring Vehicle Rentals), or the Lessor, hereby leases the vehicle (details of which vehicle has been selected with extras, including the replacement vehicle) to the Renter (as specified in the Rental Agreement). By signing, you accept and confirm that you will comply with the terms and conditions of this rental agreement.
DELIVERY, RETURN, and UPKEEP OF VEHICLE
- The Lessor supply the vehicle to the Renter in good overall and operating condition and without apparent defects, complete with all documents, parts and accessories. By accepting the Vehicle, the Renter confirms that the rental vehicle is in good condition as indicated in the Vehicle Check Report and the Renter accepts the full liability for any further damage to, or loss of vehicle. The Renter remains fully liable for the vehicle until it is received and checked in by the Lessor authorized representative as inspection results confirmed in writing by the Lessor;
- If the Renter returns the vehicle outside of the working hours mentioned in the website, the Renter must comply with the out of hours return instructions given by the Lessor, for that location. In all cases the Renter will remain fully responsible for the vehicle until the location re-opens for business and the vehicle is checked in by the Lessor authorized representative (as confirmed in writing by the lessor);
- The Renter should return the vehicle to the main location of the company, the Renter may return the vehicle to any place inside Qatar if the Lessor in advance agrees on that and additional fees will apply, or if the Lessor agreed to collect it, the Renter will remain fully responsible for the vehicle until it is actually collected by the Lessor, and in all events, the lessor will send a written confirmation to the Renter to confirm the collection of the vehicle.
- The Renter agrees to return the Vehicle with all documents and accessories (such as spare tire and toolkit and others) and in the same condition as received at the location on the date and time stated in the Agreement;
- The Lessor is not liable to the Renter or any passenger or Third Party for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle either during the period of rental or thereafter. Such property is entirely at the Renter’s own risk throughout the terms of this agreement.
- The rented vehicle will need to be replaced if the Vehicle is due for service, The Renter should return the vehicle upon the Lessor request for sale, exchange, accident, etc. The return of the same vehicle is not guaranteed to the Renter. Failure to adhere to service intervals may result in financial obligations and damages to the Vehicle, which shall be totally borne by the Renter;
DAMAGE/LOSS, THEFT, ETC.
If the Renter/Driver violated these terms and conditions, any provisions/insurance regulations and has caused damage, loss or theft of the vehicle or any parts of it, including fire and breakage of glass, the Renter shall pay to the Lessor the amount of all resulting loss and expenses (including but not limited to replacement or recovery costs, repair costs, compensation for decline in value and loss of the rental fee).
- The Renter is fully responsible for any damage to the Vehicle especially if the same occurred a result of contaminated fuel and/or caused by driving through flood water, and/or water damage and/or sea beaches and/or rocky deserts and/or sand dunes/off roads;
- The Lessor has the right to charge a compensation corresponding to the rental charge until the day the Vehicle, or replacement vehicle, will again be available to the Lessor in the same condition as received by the Renter;
- In case of accident (with or without damage to the vehicle), any personal injuries, theft of the vehicle or parts of it, Renter must inform the Lessor and forthwith report the accident to the police/traffic to obtain a valid traffic report (the “Police Report”) after providing all required documents, information or procedures requested by the Police and any other government reports. Copy of such Reports should be sent, by the Renter, to the Lessor. However, in case of default or failure, by the Renter, to provide the Lessor with a copy of that Report within 7 days of accident, the CDW and any other insurance provided hereunder shall be null and void and, therefore, the Renter shall be responsible to pay the actual costs, suffered by the Lessor, for losing the Vehicle or any damage occurred thereto;
- The Renter should not do any action to affect the existence and validity of the insurance policy and not to violate the terms and conditions of this agreement, otherwise the Renter shall be solely responsible to compensate the Lessor and any third party.
- In all events, the Renter commit to fully indemnify the Lessor if the insurance company rejects any insurance claim thereby because of the Renter’s default and/ or in case any third party sues the Lessor for the Renter’s actions or defaults.
- If the Police Report/repair letter is not in a position to identify the third party responsible for the accident, the Renter shall be liable to cover all actual costs and damages resulting and therefore, The Lessor will recover the excess liability from the Renter;
- Tires and windows damages are not covered under insurance and the Renter is responsible for the cost of their replacement;
- The Renter is not allowed to carry any repairs on the Vehicle without the prior written approval of the Lessor.
CHARGES and REFUND
- The Lessor reserves the right to change its policies including the rates at any time with or without prior notice. These policies are for general information purposes only and do not constitute a waiver with respect to any of the Lessor and Renter’s rights, all of which are reserved with this agreement.
- All charges on the Rental Agreement reflect the use of the vehicle and are agreed between the Renter and the Lessor at the start of the Rental. Charges include the basic rental charges for any optional or ancillary services chosen by the Renter.
- The basic rental charge is made for a minimum of one rental day (a rental day consists of a 24-hour period starting when the rental begins;
- Maximum mileage allowance for each monthly rental is 4,000 kilometers per month, Where there is excess mileage, the Renter shall pay an excess mileage surcharge of QAR 0.50 per km for non-commercial vehicles and QAR 1.50 per km for commercial vehicles.
- All Charges are subject to final determination by the Lessor after the rental. The Renter hereby authorizes the Lessor in advance to debit any charges (rental and any ancillary charges such as traffic fine, traffic fine supporting document, damage, petrol, etc.) pursuant to this Rental Agreement from the Renter’s credit or charge the Renter’s account, in addition the Renter is liable for any repair cost that the Lessor might incur.
- Refund will be processed on the same credit/debit card provided at the time of rental after 21 working days from actual closure of the Rental Agreement and return back of the Vehicle. All outstanding ancillary charges as well as other dues to the Lessor, if any, will be recovered automatically prior to processing the refund due to the Renter.
- Delivery and collection will be charged depend on location.
The following are the applicable administration fee:
Checking the traffic violations is the Renter’s responsibility.
To check Traffic violations, please visit ministry website: www.moi.gov.qa weekly.
The Renter is fully responsible for all fines and any consequences of the violation of traffic and parking prohibitions during the rental. Where the Lessor is required to pay such fine, the Renter agrees that the credit/debit or charge card during the rental or after with the amount of fine plus a service charge of QAR 50/-per violation shall be charged. The Lessor shall, upon request, supply the Renter with a copy of the traffic violation notice.
CONDITIONS OF USE
The Renter is expected to look after the vehicle carefully and in particular not allow to be used for:
- To carry persons, property of persons or property for hire, except in the case of trucks and vans after getting the Lessor’s prior written approval;
- To carry a greater number of passengers than the number for which the Vehicle is constructed to accommodate;
- To carry any object or substance which because of its condition or smell, may harm the Vehicle or prevent or delay the Lessor’s ability to rent it again;
- To propel or tow any vehicle, trailer, or other object;
- In any race, test or contest or any illegal purpose;
- Driving off paved road;
- While the Renter or other driver of the Vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics, barbiturates, or any other substance impairing his consciousness or ability to react;
- In contravention of any customs, traffic or relevant other effective regulations;
- By any person other than the Renter unless such person has been assigned by the Renter and informed to the Lessor as the additional driver (as nominated in this Agreement);
- Sub-renting is strictly not allowed.
- Outside the country, unless after obtaining the Lessor’s prior approval and upon submission of all proper documents by the Renter;
- In geographical areas which have been (or will be) notified by the Lessor or the Government as restricted ones.
- The Renter agrees to (i) be liable for any legal consequences or liabilities, (ii) bear all costs and expenses, (iii) to indemnify the Lessor against any and all losses incurred by the Lessor and/ or any damages occurred to the Vehicle, resulting out of the Renter’s breach of any of the above conditions of use under this clause no. 3 from Damage, Loss or theft clause.
In case of a car accident, immediately register the accident officially by contacting the official authorities (calling 999) or through the online portal (Metrash 2) and inform our customer service team. And your Liability will be as follows:
- If the mistake is not happened from the renter as per the Report mentioned. The renter will not be liable for any payment as long as it is covered in the insurance policy.
- If the mistake is happened from the renter as per the Report ,the Renter accept the liability for loss of or damage to the vehicle, its parts and accessories is limited to the amount of the non-waivable and non-refundable excess, stated on the Rental Agreement.
The Renter agrees to co-operate with us and our insurers in any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings.
The Renter entitles the Lessor to communicate the personal related data, of the Renter, to the concerned authorities such as the police, traffic departments, Criminal Investigation Departments and other relevant bodies.
The addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses authorized in this agreement shall be approved in any correspondence between the parties. Each party is obligated, in the event of a change of address, to inform the other party immediately of the new address in writing, otherwise the address indicated in the introduction to this agreement shall be considered the approved residence for any notification or notice.
This Rental Agreement should be construed in accordance with the laws of State of Qatar, and the Courts of Qatar are the competent authority to settle any dispute related to this Rental Agreement.
If any provision of this Rental Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable (in whole or in part) under applicable law, such provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this Rental Agreement but the remainder of this Rental Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement is drafted in English and Arabic. In case of discrepancy, the Arabic text shall prevail.
Save for fraud and gross negligence, the Lessor shall not be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage incurred to, or suffered by, the Renter or any other third party in connection with the rented Vehicle
The “Payer” guarantees the due fulfillment of all of the obligation and commitment of the “Renter” in this Agreement they are not allowed to withdraw this guarantee for any reason whatsoever until dues have been fully paid. The Lessor has right to claim from the Payer and Renter the Payment of all the unpaid amount.
The Renter agrees to indemnify and hold the Lessor (and its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, employees and agents) harmless from and against all damages, losses, costs, expenses, actions, proceedings, claims and demands arising from or connected with the Renter’s breach of its obligations under this Agreement or with the driving of the Vehicle.